Frequently Asked Questions for Youth and Families
Depending on your child’s needs, you may have questions before you call. Here you will find frequently asked questions (FAQs) and other information for many of the services and supports that PerformCare can connect you to through the New Jersey Children’s System of Care (CSOC).
Si habla Español, visite nuestra página de enlaces rápidos aquí.
General FAQs and information
- Frequently Used CSOC Acronyms (PDF)
- PerformCare Glossary
See a list of service definitions and other terms used in the System of Care.
- LGBTQIA+ Common Terminology (Updated 5/17/23)
- Fees and Commercial Insurance FAQs
- Guides and Brochures
Get flyers, brochures, and the Youth and Family Guide with detailed information on CSOC services.
- PerformCare Family Leaders FAQs (PDF)
- Family Leaders for PerformCare is a small group of parents and caregivers who partner with PerformCare's Executive Director to ensure that children and families are informed of System of Care services and benefits and how to access care.
Behavioral health services
- FAQs — Authorization for Sharing Health Information (PDF)
- FAQs — Personal Representative Request Form (PDF)
Intellectual/development disability services
- FAQs for Families of Children with Developmental Disabilities (PDF)
- Family Support Services (PDF)
Certain caregivers of youth who have been determined eligible for developmental disability services may request support designed to help make caring for youth in the home and community easier.
- Family Support Services Assistive Technology (PDF)
- CSOC Summer Camp Services FAQs (PDF)