Guidance for 13 Reasons Why and Suicide Prevention
The New Jersey Children's System of Care would like to share some resources and strategies from the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) and New Jersey's Youth Suicide Prevention Advisory Council in response to Netflix's 13 Reasons Why, a popular drama aimed at teens and young adults with a focus on suicide.
- The NASP's considerations for educators on 13 Reasons Why (PDF)
- New Jersey's Youth Suicide Prevention Advisory Council response to 13 Reasons Why (PDF)
You can also contact the following resources:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255.
- New Jersey Hopeline: 1-855-654-6735.
- 2nd Floor Youth Helpline: 1-888-222-2228 (call or text).
If you or your child has a life-threatening emergency, always dial 911.