COVID-19 Communications for CSOC Providers
The following information comes directly from the State of New Jersey, the Department of Children and Families (DCF), and the Division of the Children’s System of Care (CSOC) regarding provider operations during the COVID-19 outbreak.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your CSOC Service Line Manager.
- COVID-19 resources for contracted providers from the Department of Children and Families
- COVID-19 Operational Training for CSOC Providers from PerformCare (Added April 28, 2020)
- Summer Camp Services Provider Information from CSOC (PDF) (Added May 28, 2020)
- Guidance for Congregate Care Residential Treatment Programs (OOH) from the Department of Children and Families (PDF) (Updated June 22, 2020)
- COVID-19 Information Hub from the State of New Jersey (PDF)
- Telehealth funding information from the Federal Communications Commission (Added April 14, 2020)
- General COVID-19 information from PerformCare and AmeriHealth Caritas
- Information on free respite services from the Family Resource Network for eligible first responders or qualifying individuals caring for disabled, medically vulnerable, or elderly family members (PDF) (Added August 10, 2020)
Support group information from CSOC’s Family Support Organizations (PDF) (Added June 5, 2020)
- En español - Información sobre grupos de apoyo, creada por las Organizaciones de Apoyo Familiar de CSOC (PDF)
Youth Partnership group information from CSOC’s Family Support Organizations (PDF) (Added June 5, 2020)
- New Jersey COVID-19 dashboard from the New Jersey Department of Health
- Testing Center locations and additional local information from NJ 2-1-1
- COVID-19 communications card for people who are hearing impaired (PDF)
This card can be used to communicate with medical professionals to indicate important factors regarding illness for a person who is deaf or hearing impaired.
Promising Path Newsletter from Rutgers University Behavioral Health Care (Updated July 8, 2020)