COVID-19 Communications for Families
The following information comes directly from the State of New Jersey, the Department of Children and Families (DCF), and the Division of the Children’s System of Care (CSOC), as well as other highly regarded resources. We hope this information will assist you and your loved ones during these times.
If you have any questions or concerns about COVID-19, you can speak to a health care professional at 1-800-962-1253. For general information and basic needs, dial 211. For alerts/updates, text NJCOVID to 898-211.
PerformCare is available to assist with CSOC services (including Mobile Response and Stabilization Services) 24 hours a day at 1-877-652-7624. At this time, Mobile Response services are also available remotely through telephone and videoconferencing services.
Links from the New Jersey Department of Children and Families and the Children’s System of Care
- COVID-19 resources for families and youth from the Department of Children and Families
- List of helplines from the Department of Children and Families (PDF) (Added April 24, 2020)
- County ResourceNet Links
- Family Support Organizations
- Support group information from CSOC’s Family Support Organizations (PDF) (Added June 5, 2020)
- Youth Partnership group information from CSOC’s Family Support Organizations (PDF) (Added June 5, 2020)
- Frequently Asked Questions for Family Support Services/Respite and COVID-19 (PDF) (Added May 5, 2020)
Links from the State of New Jersey
- COVID-19 Information Hub from the State of New Jersey
- New Jersey COVID-19 dashboard from the New Jersey Department of Health
- New Jersey Department of Human Services
The Department of Human Services has additional information and resources to help families during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- SNAP Assistance During Coronavirus from the New Jersey Department of Human Services (PDF) (Added May 1, 2020)
- The tax filing deadline has been extended to July 15, 2020. More information is available from the New Jersey Division of Taxation and the Internal Revenue Service.
- COVID-19 communications card for people who are hearing impaired (PDF)
This card can be used to communicate with medical professionals to indicate important factors regarding illness for a person who is deaf or hearing impaired.
Additional Links and Helplines
- General COVID-19 information from PerformCare and AmeriHealth Caritas
- COVID-19 Resources from The Boggs Center on Developmental Disabilites at Rutgers University (Added May 14, 2020)
- Testing Center locations and additional local information from NJ 2-1-1
- Information on free respite services from the Family Resource Network for eligible first responders or qualifying individuals caring for disabled, medically vulnerable, or elderly family members (PDF) (Added August 10, 2020)
- 2NDFLOOR — New Jersey's youth helpline – 1-888-222-2222
- The NJ chapter of NAMI – the National Alliance on Mental Illness – has several resources available, including a 24/7 Crisis Text Line and the Disaster Mental Health Helpline at 1-877-289-4357.
- Mom2Mom — 1-877-914-MOM2
Mom2Mom is a statewide program that offers peer support for mothers of children with special needs. The person on the phone is another parent who has faced similar challenges in parenting a child or children with disabilities. Mom2Mom peers can provide an understanding ear, and help identify and connect you to local resources.
- Family Helpline — 1-800-843-5437
This helpline is available for families feeling stressed out. Callers can talk with a trained volunteer who can provide support and refer to more resources in the community.
- Crisis Text Line — Text NJ to 741741
The Crisis Text Line allows youth and adults to connect with a crisis counselor who is trained in active listening and collaborative problem solving, to help diffuse a crisis or difficult situation.
- The Mental Health Association in New Jersey
- Domestic Violence Hotline — 1-800-572-7233
- Resources for COVID-19 from the National Sexual Violence Resource Center
* Please note: PerformCare posts these links for informational purposes only. These external web sites are maintained by organizations over which PerformCare and the New Jersey Children's System of Care exercise no control. PerformCare and the NJ Children's System of Care expressly disclaim any responsibility or endorsement for the content, the accuracy of the information and/or quality of products or services provided by or advertised by these third-party websites. PerformCare and the NJ Children's System of Care do not control, endorse, promote, or have any affiliation with any web site listed unless expressly stated herein.