Intellectual and Developmental Disability Services
Children and youth with an intellectual or developmental disability and their families must meet service criteria set by state laws to access specialized services. For more details, go to the Applying for Determination of Eligibility webpage.
Applying for eligibility
Eligibility for developmental disability services are governed by state laws that define certain requirements that must be met. If you already applied and were determined eligible by the Division of Developmental Disabilities with an application submitted to them before January 1, 2013, you do not need to reapply.
Applying for Determination of Eligibility: Children up to Age 18
Frequently asked questions (FAQ) for families of children with developmental disabilities
- Intellectual and Developmental Disability Services available through the NJ Children's System of Care (PDF)
- Family support services (PDF)
Certain caregivers of youth who have been determined eligible for developmental disability services may request support designed to help make caring for youth in the home and community easier.
- Servicios de apoyo a la familia (PDF)
Para las familias de los jóvenes elegibles para los servicios a las personas con discapacidades del desarrollo.
- Family support services assistive technology (PDF)
- Summer camp assistance
Financial assistance is available to offset a portion of the cost of summer camp for certain youth.
Additional links from CSOC stakeholders
- Fight The Flu: It's Important To The Disability Community – From the Boggs Center on Developmental Disabilities (Added July 22, 2022)
- Getting a Flu Shot: A Social Story for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities – From the Boggs Center on Developmental Disabilities (PDF) (Added October 28, 2020)
- The Revised Family Crisis Handbook (PDF)*
This handbook can assist you and your family with daily challenges, including overcoming barriers to care.
* PerformCare and the New Jersey Children's System of Care (CSOC) provide this information for your convenience. However, this document was not authored by PerformCare or CSOC. If you have questions or believe any of the information to be erroneous, please contact the document’s publishers.